Thursday, January 22, 2004

Wierd stuff and not-so-wierd stuff

The day went okay. I was a bit more housebound due to recent happenings here at home. My bro's first born has entered the world at 4 lbs and 8 oz. A C-section was done due to a number of reasons. The news of this was considered a medical emergency to my folks. I'm an uncle again now to my bro's first born besides attending to my 10 year old niece. I wonder if the babysitting chores would be the same for as I attended to my niece down that long road. Of course, the situation is slightly different since the kid would be in good care of his dad and mom.

Wierd stuff of note was I never thought that Kill Bill can be considered as a Russian movie as it infers enough that Tarantino's Pulp Fiction is just as much Russian as well to them. Just did a random search on Google to look up Hattori Hanzo and I found said article here. Strange, eh? Just finished watching "Event Horizon" on Channel 23 earlier. Been a while since I saw that movie. It was like ages for me since I watched a sci-fi movie with this horror slant in it like this "haunted spacecraft" routine. Kinda reminds such mention in an old copy of Dune Encyclopedia I bought at a bargain back in my early years in college. Its always the case that in some sci-fi universes, there would have to be a "Ghost Ship" or "Flying Dutchman" myth circulating around to put some dark line regarding the progress of mankind's journey to the stars or use of untried technologies like the way the Philadelphia Experiment went. Makes me wonder if such a boogeyman's tale may apply in the setting of my friend's Twilight Empire setting. My friend Vincent Simbulan has celebrated his birthday as of this entry's date. Many more temporal cycles for you to go buddy!! Things are kinda patched up with me and my friend from my last blog entry. Things are kinda looking right for the meantime until another bump on the road to our existence.

I'll keep on going for the meantime. Next time.