Friday, January 09, 2004

One More Time!

No reviews or anything of the sort for this spot. Pretty dull here in the doghouse. Supposed to visit a friend's place but that got rain-check due to health reasons. Went online to look up some stuff, no biggie on that one. Skimmed through a number of message items about Fatal Frame II on GameFAQs. Reading some of the message posts with regards to certain encounters in that game makes my skin crawl and sometimes make me paranoid. Shudders. On a more non-horror note, got an Instant Message from my bro that he just got his copy of the Interstella 5555 DVD from the US. Interstella 5555 is basically the definitive OAV that rounds up the open ended story established by Daft Punk's songs "One More Time", "Aerodynamic", "Digital Love" and "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" from their "Discovery" Album. I was pretty blown away on seeing the music video of "One More Time". I caught "Aerodynamic" subsequently. I missed out watching the music videos for "Digital Love" and "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" while I was staying in Seattle. I was able to watch them off the Internet though some search engine inquiries. It was obvious to note the art style of Leiji Matsumoto of Space Cruiser Yamato, Galaxy Express 999, and Captain Harlock fame as he was approached by Daft Punk to collaborate on this project. Interstella 5555 answers and concludes the story established in those 4 music videos and it looked pretty impressive. Daft Punk really hit it good this time to fans of techno music and anime for sure. I'm looking forward to borrowing it from my brother when he's done watching it. The wait was worth it for sure. As the line from the 1st Daft Punk song from Discovery album would go: "One More Time...." :)