Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Responsibilities Neglected *Sniff.*

The title for this post kinda sums up some things after having a decent round of conversation with a friend of mine. It was much more so validated based on this bit of conversation over the phone:


Over The Phone:
(Start of the conversation went nicely until discussion of Kill Bill transits over to mention of blog matter)
Waterdog: "I wrote a lot of Kill Bill stuff on my blog, two posts worth."
Incensed, Disappointed Friend: "Don't tell me about your blog. You still owe me regarding your character journal."
Waterdog: Stunned silence for a few seconds "...Uh...fine, fine"
(After that moment, conversation resumes at a normal pace and tone.)


I'm not saying that this friend of mine is being depicted as the bad guy in this case. I will definitely own up to the fault and reality for the way-late and current no submission of my character journal for my friend's RPG character journal requirement. The intent of the character journal was to depict events happening in a game session through a character's eyes. At first thought, it sounded good and thought that I can handle it. I was sorely mistaken. It was a monumental task of squeezing out all pertinent details out of my memory to get the details to the exact resolution to put into kilobytes.

The other contributing factor is also that this friend I speak of has been through a lot of rough times and major loads of disappointments and betrayal in his life. It makes him, very distrustful of other people, in spite sharing common interests or creative inclination. I'm surprised me and him held out our friendship this far since high school. I guess it the camel's back yet waiting for the straw to break it as of this part of temporal existence may break due to some unexpected strain to due failure to commitment or other.

I do have a lot going on my end, though I am pretty much a couch potato, net junkie, mallrat and slacker rolled into one disappointing package. I mean I can go about transcribing an episode summary of sorts for each game session we conclude but go into a lengthy amount of typing to go over ever aspect of thought process behind a character's actions and words may prove a bit overwhelming for me. I'm just an idea guy, mostly short, concise stuff I do not this lengthy, huge to compile stuff. Slacker/lazy viewpoint or not, I go about with things with least resistance to handle that one. I can tackle something that big if it is very awe-inspiring in its way then I may be that motivated to go into such exhaustive detail as I can.

Of course, that would be if I'm under the influence of the Muse. Of course, one's own Muse may vary for certain creative endeavors or media which can sustain either briefly or as a mainstay in the creative process. Currently, I don't have a Muse to motivate far into these things.

I will forgive my friend's mistrust with matters of commitment but everything else was okay between us, though his socializing skills are not up to specs or his tolerances for that matter.

I'll contemplate about this for while until I get sidetracked by something cool or otherwise as my distraction affinity gets to be high in these cases and times. Till next. Trudges slowly back into the doghouse before a heavy sigh was enacted.