Thursday, January 08, 2004

Those Two Guys from New Jersey

Had an entertaining afternoon, my brother was able to lend me his DVDs of "Mallrats", "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back" and "Cowboy Bebop (The Movie)". I decided to check out "Mallrats" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back" (JaSBSB for short for the remainder of this post.) and table "Cowboy Bebop" for later viewing. It was long delayed for me to watch JaSBSB since I watched the earlier Kevin Smith movies, "Clerks", "Mallrats", "Chasing Amy" and "Dogma". Most of these movies I watched at home, either videotape or DVD except one, Dogma, which I luckily watched in a movie theater when it had a brief run here in the Philippines. JaSBSB is features those two stoners, Jay and Silent Bob, who appeared in the earlier 4 movies prior to this one. I'm not sure exactly which of these films totally comprise the so-called "New Jersey Trilogy" as Kevin Smith puts it. If five movies comprise a trilogy then I would harken that to Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" as the same since it took five books to round up the entire thing. Online critics lambasted this movie to death which becomes all too moot on grounds of profanity, the burden of listening to Jay's constant stream of profanity and street talk, the overused jokes and satire. As Jason Lee says it: "Critics Schmitics". I watched the movie and got myself amused at what's there to see. It was good that characters from the earlier movies do show up, especially at the near end of the movie. It was really funny at the end when Jay and Silent Bob visited all the people who were bad-mouthing them on the I-net and beat the holy crap out of them. Ahhhhh...payback. :) Not much else to think on. I'll just go about my business for now and post more stuff as it is. Goes back into the doghouse to dig up some stuff in its depths.