Sunday, January 25, 2004

Easy Weekend

Another weekend ends. Not much incident really to it. Visited friend at his place in Las PiƱas last Friday. Not much to go on since it was a matter of catching up on show and tell of stuff there and him presenting a prototype website design for our campaign. Some creative input was given at his request after looking it over with me and someone else. The Saturday following that was very much a family moment. Me, my parents, my mom friend and niece visited the hospital to see my brother and his wife, and most of all, his first born son. It was a moment of delight to my mom especially to see him. He looked so small and vulnerable. Of course, my mom and her friend have nursing backgrounds and they quibbled plenty on the details about procedures relating to nursery procedures and such. I guess such things brings out the old memories and training in them. Sunday was a bit of a stretch as I bought the VCD for The Lost Empire (aka The Monkey King) for my niece since she saw it before on Channel 23 and wanted to see it again. Of course, the Monkey King Legend happens to spawn a lot of anime and manga using it in loose sense of it. It harkens the time I remembered watching "Alakazam The Great", "Starzinger" (aka Spacekeeters) for starters. The Entire Dragonball franchise was inspired by this legend as well. Same goes with the anime and manga "Goku: Midnight Eye" End refresher item from that one. My niece really creates her brand of problems by doing these late evening recordings on movies she want to watch from TV but her bedtime gets in the way. The slight aggravation of it is that it effectively makes her stockpile VCR tapes at my dad's expense and mine. My mom is an exception in these cases with her soap operas, though she sometimes misses out on them herself. Recording matters aside. The rest of the Sunday afternoon was spent on another viewing of Kill Bill (Making it a total of 2.82 times watching it). I guess my limit has reached its end at this point. Its safe enough to say I can move on to watching other movies on my watch list. I'll get around to posting more interesting stuff next post. Next time.