Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Spaghetti Samurai and Ninja Burgers

Unusual food-oriented topic, neh? ^_^ It was an unexpected ideaspark that occured to me with dinner I had tonight and the movie I just watched earlier. The idea for this post title was technically started before when me and my friend Vincent bought takeout at Hotshots near the condo he stays at, about 2-3 nights ago. We were talking some Twilight Empire stuff and then mention of food sparked my mention of wasabi. The mention of wasabi consequently led me to this funny web site I go to before. Its located at Ninja Burger. The premise of Ninja doing food service was hilarious to see. The icing on this cake of fun is the comic strips located in the fun section. Never thought failure to meet customer request would be so...lethal. Same goes to obtaining certain supplies that run out inside the store. Its all for laughs for sure. That site and comic strip prompted me to try a cheeseburger with wasabi sauce. Some outlets would have a weak mix for wasabi while others may be so strong that I would quote "Its hot enough to make you think that you flossed your nose with a razor blade". Talk about hot stuff indeed.

That answers the Ninja Burger part. The Spaghetti Samurai thing is actually part food suggestion for dinner to my dad, part watching earlier The Last Samurai and previous 2.82 viewings of Kill Bill. Its just a juggle of thoughts with the mention of spaghetti, western and eastern themes and the use of katanas in that part. It was also to note how being on the end of a gatling gun while charging on a horse is no fun indeed after sustaining some earlier injury prior to that. It was also something else to seeing again ninja on film since the slew of martial arts and ninja movies back in the 80's especially those Sho Kosugi movies with the "Ninja" movies series done by Golan-Globus. Ninja item connects back to the Ninja Burger connection as well. So it fits well all in all. Quite a combination. Makes my mouth water too at the thought. *Gurgling drool a la Homer Simpson* Me better mosey for now. Next time.