Thursday, August 10, 2006

Crazy mix

The idea mixer going off in my head after doing some research surfing since sometimes a thought would niggle around in my head until it needs to get out. This is almost synonymous to having a song playing in your head or you're familiar with a question that the answer eludes until you get it to manifest around past midnight. Its like one of those times.

The idea mix in this case was partially attributed to my last post about the "nanomachines enhance joe schmoe" concept. That idea got further expanded since I chanced on remembering a trailer for an anime in one of my old NewType USA sampler DVDs which happens to Zaion: If you were here with me made gorgeously by Gonzo, of Blue Sub 6 fame.

Whatever scant details I dug up regarding Zaion, the NOA, Nano Osmolar Armor, was just the ticket though the purpose of it in the anime brought in the added matter about biohazard threats of extra-terrestrial origin. That incidental thread reminding me anew about the old j-horror movie made PS1 game franchise Parasite Eve. Parasite Eve 1 and 2 were pretty great games as far as a single individual dealing with mutant creatures spawned from the very powerplants of our cells, mitochondria. Interesting twist that the mitochondria would actually be a lifeform unto itself and they rebelled in spades after biding their time in the evolution scale of things. Also throw in my recent reading of Singularity 7 which involves nanopunk setting with a Matrix like vibe sans the Matrix proper.

These thought items makes me think of mashing together a bionanopunk setting that would showcase the fight between mankind and the horrors of biogenetic research as well as nanotech. The protagonists would be like Mary Sue types with blend of biotech and nanotech to be the defenders of humanity against the threat of rogue tech. That's just off the top my head.

Just another thought transmission to burst transmit out. Next time.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger David said...

An interesting post. Thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home