Sunday, June 11, 2006

Uber extensions of one's self

Puttered around the web and discovered the idea or concept of a Mary Sue character. The history and etymology of this character archetype/label is located here.

Simply put, its one of the occasional or all-too-guilty foible of aspiring or moonlighting writers. I'm guilty to admit in that category after trying to gauge a character I used in a friend's superhero RPG in college. I found out that realization in quick order after trying this test. As I gather enough hanging around with the creative circle of my friend Vin, the stories which can double as the vehicles to showcase such a character would be a masturbatory exercise in creative writing or self-indulgent exercise for one's ego.

It was a denial trap of moebius loop repetition for some creative that they find hard to break, myself included. Luckily, I have to re-examine some aspect of a character and attempt to rework/rebuild from the ground-up. If we're talking in some pseudo-technical or techno-babbling, its a matter of pulling out and replacing redundant/defective modules and installing new ones to fill the gaps or repair the faulty components after running it through a high-level diagnostic. Hehehe..Some geekery get its place here. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home