Monday, November 21, 2005

In absentia....

Another month has passed and this current month is now more than half-way done. Not much blog update activity of late. The usual culprits are my niece and her usual internet activities of Yahoo Messenger, forum board browsing, media clip downloads and tons of pictures she downloads. I am much worried that she would bloat the hard disk in no time, unless the downloaded stuff is burned into CD, though she lacks funding for buying CD blanks for me to put them into. On the personal culprit side is that I have succumbed to being vegetative at home, recently went back to being addicted to PS2 games, occasional rounds of chatting online with MIRC and the occasional trawl on the net.

As of this week, my current Internet provider is discontinued and my folks are opting to go for a DSL connection and disconnect one of the two phones we have currently in this house as part of a cost-cutting measure. DSL connection is not yet active since the DSL package involved is of the wireless variety and I sense a backlog of work orders involved for this. The usual DSL connection variety is pretty much full for our area.

Thanks to lack of regular Internet access, I have to go back to using prepaid Internet cards, though my niece is sure to burn out the load I have for it over the weekend easy. I would be more at ease when the DSL connection gets set up so that the download times are better and faster, which more shorter online time for her. For me, faster downloads, faster loading of pages, faster time with email to screen, delete or send.

Partly my physical health affects my lethargy aspect, especially my skin problem. When my skin problem flares up, I always stay more at home or more so sleep more. With the right urging or inspiration, some projects I have on my list of things to do would continue as intended or get me out of the rut I'm in.

That's my current thought of concern for the meantime. I apologize for the lack of new content of late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home