Monday, May 09, 2005

Notice served

I have already turned in my resignation to my supervisor at the call center job I'm in. I'll be out of the pressure cooker by June 3. That would be like 4 weeks to go or so. It was brought about from a long discussion between myself and my supervisor. Another contributing factor is my recent patch-up with friendship with a high-school friend of mine for creative endeavors. That and being in the company of friends have given me an epiphany enough to make me think it through along with what my supervisor talked to me about.

Those elements came together and having voiced my feelings on certains matters with my Dad, it got me going on taking matters into my hands as far as the career path is concerned. Working for a total amount of around 8 months or so in two call centers is more than enough of my fill living under tightly controlled conditions. I mean handling phone calls, documenting said phone call, taking a leak, the usual breaks and lunch are all under the timer. Heck, living under such conditions makes one think you would have your sex session done under such time pressure as well. I am also beginning to translate the idea that if the Philippines is to be the call center capital of the world, then it would be like how humans are to be used as batteries in The Matrix.

Once I get into my "In-Between Jobs" status, I would have time on my hands to do some writing and contributing for sure while seeking out another job with a more suitable pace and atmosphere.

One of the things I would do in that time is to do some maintenance check on this here blog since I noticed the lack of comments of late. I suspect my comment-script provider is on the major fritz or something. Also some experimentation in blog templates would also be in order as well.

Anyways, that's the latest from me. Next time, soonest, whenever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home