Thursday, March 10, 2005

News items of recent notice...

Just noticed these two news items while checking out IMDB.com:



Boy George Slams 'Queer Eye'

English pop star Boy George has launched a scathing attack on makeover TV show Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, telling the gay hosts to "leave straight people alone". The former Culture Club singer is unimpressed with the American program's various gurus - Kyan Douglas, Ted Allen, Jai Rodriguez, Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley. George says, "My life is about much more than what my cushions are like or what theatre show I should go to. It's really poncey. I just think that they should leave straight people alone, they look fine."


Bambi Revealed! He's an Ex-Marine!

After more than 60 years, Donald Roan Dunagan has revealed that he was the facial model and the voice of Walt Disney's Bambi. Dunagan, who was seven years old when he was hired by Disney -- and who agreed to appear in the "extras" package of the current DVD "Platinum Edition" of Bambi -- has told the Florence, AL Times Daily that he kept his role secret in order to maintain his image as a career officer in the U.S Marine Corps. "I would not have made it [in the military] ... with the nickname Bambi. I would have been history. I told myself back then, 'Dunagan, that's long ago. Nobody knows. Nobody needs to know Nobody probably even cares -- so just keep it to yourself.'" Dunagan also told the newspaper that he became an accomplished shooter during his military career. "I was often invited to go on hunting trips in Montana or the Dakotas," he says. "Most often it was deer -- and I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it. I've done a lot of shooting, but I've never shot an animal -- not one."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home