Saturday, May 15, 2004

Hijacked!!!

This problem on my comp has been attributed to an infamous culprit, a browser hijacker. Its basically a nasty piece of malware that attacks your browser by exploiting the known weaknesses of Microsoft's security holes in its browser and OS. These nasty digital landmines happen when one access websites of questionable nature. Whether out of curiosity or accident, its bound to lurk somewhere to assault an unsuspecting websurfer.

Secondary possibility is that a program I recently downloaded and run planted the malware and browser hijacker and screwed up some aspect of the comp's OS as well. At least the comp is not totally rendered inoperable just takes a lot longer to access the application programs directly since the shortcuts to them are rendered useless.

Still looking for ways of fixing this program monkeywrench out of my comp. I'll keep posting away as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home