Monday, April 05, 2004

Personal Deadline Set

Already obtained the latest issue of NewType USA from Vinnie's shop recently. Stuck around to listen a new round of discourse and comments from Dean and Vinnie about the state of the literary world at present and the decline and disbelief with the sci-fi genre as somewhat stagnant due to the rock-solid hold of old guard writers and similiar pitfalls produced in the fantasy genre as well. Part of the discussion stemmed from this article.

Being in such proximity with such an exchange of ideas provided the needed energy to use in going about my current writing backlog. A backlog that needs no further explanation, as outlined in my previous posts.

The approach of the latter half of Holy Week would provide me the time to write about up those remaining 50% of my backlog. After that, its up in the air as to what I intend to do or write next.

The time also alloted for the duration also gives me hopefully a chance for me to cleanup some piled up areas of my room every since I returned from Seattle back in Late November 2002. My mom has been on my case about it every few weeks or so and the ice is definitely starting to thin.

I got that intention now and have to make good on it as well. More stuff to hopefully follow soonest.