Sunday, February 15, 2004

Not-so maudlin over the weekend

Valentine's Day has come and gone over the recent weekend. If there was an equivalent for a Scrooge like in Christmas, then there may be an equivalent for Valentine's and I usually be like that for such an occasion while everyone else have someone to fawn and get cozy with. Years ago, it would be easier to shut myself in my room for the day and listen to music from Erasure and Belinda Carlisle for the duration but that changed when my niece lives here with us. It was a wonderful moment when my bro and his wife brought their son to the house. My mom was delighted to take care of her new grandson and it was a great feeling to see a new face added to the family.

Regardless of that, it still made me dig up my CDs to listen to the familiar songs to pass away the month of February for the duration or when other music catches my fancy. I would be listening to Erasure songs: Leave Me To Bleed, My Heart So Blue, Spiralling, Victim of Love and Belinda Carlisle songs: Vision of You, A Woman and A Man and Always Breaking My Heart. But that didn't happen in one day. I probably be listening to some of them for the rest of the month. At least this year's Valentine's Day isn't a total downer for me. I will proceed to more cheerier topics next time.