Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Low morale on a sinking ship and other things...

Just realized that I got my schedule changed without my knowledge. My previously selected schedule of 10am to 7pm is now moved over to 8pm to 5am. Same restdays still retained. The clincher on that is that the lunch hour is reduced to 30 minutes. That with the mandatory overtime into the equation got me ticked off that my time of escape from the humdrum of work is reduced and having to go the extra time.

Based on internal communications. seems to me that the account in question is being slated to be pulled out if the performance of the call center handling it, the one I'm in, doesn't shape up to handle the bulk of calls and other call center metrics yada-yada.

Given that situation, a lot of agents from other shifts get placed into the Graveyard Shift. Talk about a conscription act to handle a seemingly losing proposition, like Vietnam.

Some of the above stuff regarding the call center matter really adds a bit of info and inspiration for my C.S.R. (Combat Service Replacement) story once I have the free time to write but ideas are slowly getting put together given how energy and creativity draining being in a call center can be.

Checking the blogs of my other friends, I will definitely considering switching over to another comment service provider. That would help make my blog feel the same as previous time before the interruptions happened.

Just a moment to post on this here blog. More to follow, if possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home