Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Updates

Been a while since my last update. Work has kept me much away from formulating new entries to write. Moreso that the home comp is pretty much having major performance issues due to malware infestation and such. I'll have to go about obtaining a utility program which would be of use to implement since I picked up the concept of re-imaging the contents of a hard disk when at work.

Had a bad spill a few days before Christmas Eve, sprained my ankle fierce on the commute to work. Good thing it was short distance from home so med-evac wasn't difficult. Got a call holiday for that but no pay since I'm absent for that day.

The ankle is now feeling a lot better now as I write this update. Also got to finish Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater during my extra day-off caused by the sprained ankle. Metal Gear Solid 3 is definitely a prequel game that sets the foundation for the Metal Gear Universe as to the early life of Big Boss formerly John with no last name who goes by codename of Snake. The game also sets the historical precedents for the creation of Fox-Hound, Ocelot's history of double-crossing and working with outside parties, The evolution and development of Metal Gears and moreso the historical tie-ins of The Patriots to the Philosophers. Quite a game I'd say for the diehard Metal Gear fans.

As to what I got for Christmas from people who gave me gifts, what I got so far was some new handkerchiefs (Something I seldom carry on person), a zippered pouch for a cellphone and the piece de resistance, an Iron Man action figure given to me by my younger brother Ryan. The action figure was really nice for a Shellhead fan like me. ^_^

Other interesting bits of note, I was able to buy a 3-book set containing Halo novelizations to replace that one Halo book I lost recently months ago. It is sure difficult to find replacements for books you lost by sheer accident. Recently bought a 3 DVD set of Robocop (bootleg) in response to my dad buying the 4 DVD set of Superman movies, which I still say that Christopher Reeve's depiction of the Man of Steel is still something to be impressed for comic fans such as myself.

Still thinking away some other stuff when I have time to put thoughts together like a new chapter for the C.S.R. story I've yet to pick up, Character modelling using The Authority RPG system, another project which involves a long faded 1993 project back in my college days with a slightly current twist thanks to the likes of reading Planetary, The Authority and Global Frequency. Though that last item would be a brief one as I just have to construct the story since the elements are already available just a matter of fashioning it into a serviceable frame.

I hope I get up to par with my job in spite not doing well for the ramp-up period. I'll definitely have to plan my options soon enough in case my current call center job doesn't pan out by then around 1st quarter of 2005.

I'll just plug away with my job and other things that keep me sane. More next time.
*Limps back into the doghouse. Snow covers the ground and roof of the doghouse. Smoke escapes from the chimney of the doghouse. Christmas bells jingle in the distance.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home