Thursday, December 02, 2004

Another Year in this Dog's life...

Last weekend turned out pretty okay, moreso than usual I would say. Recently turned 34 last Saturday. It was also good thing that it falls on my rest day on my current work sched.

Though my usual dropby and hangout place at CQ Megamall came out a bit dry due to delays in the shipments due to the recent Thanksgiving holidays, I didn't come out empty handed. Many thanks Vince for "The Ultimate Cyberpunk" Anthology book you gave me as a birthday gift. ^_^ I am surprised that the story "Game of Rat and Dragon" by Cordwainer Smith is included in it. Of course, the author's name made me recall that the anime "Serial Experiments Lain" happen to have references to a number of Cordwainer Smith's stories. Strange coincidence indeed.

As far as I can look back on my stay here in this material plane, this gammadog is already cynical and jaded with things. Home life, Employment, The World we live in and a number of things would slowly snuff out the inner flame. That flame inside this metal-shell of a gamma-powered mutt is now just at the intensity of a pilot light for a stove, gas lamp or a flamethrower. Sometimes this flame can flare when a good inspiration would come along, be swept up in the company of other creative types or when a good idea worth tinkering or developing just come across to my attention or out of the blue by prior influences. Of course, it yet to be seen if this gammadog has any more bite as the years marches on. Oh how much I appreciate and envy the specialty and preoccupations of time by my friend Vince. I also much envy and appreciate the artistic talents of my friends Joey, Carl and Ferdie *"Still owe you that piece I know, too tied up with work and sleep dep."*.

As far as to what's going on, I'm still standing and have yet to find a solid direction and directive with my existence. I'll probably find that as I go along further in this existence before my parents says of it being too late.

I'll keep on wandering until I find something that would establish and define me. Next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home