Sunday, June 20, 2004

Sick over the weekend and other strangeness...

Seems to me I'm not the only who got hit by some manner of illness or other.

Started out Thursday for me with a bad round of sneezing spells. It compounded further by Friday when it definitely triggered an onset of asthma and also a brief bout of fever. Luckily it was actually a slight one I got. Saturday, I still felt lousy with asthma but the fever is gone. Sunday, all I got left to contend with is coughing and some sticky phlegm in my throat.

The strangeness part that occured through this happened in the early morning of Saturday. Given its a tricky business for a bit to get a good position to sleep with asthma, I have to shift and change every couple of minutes to keep comfortable. A little turnning and moving of position in bed happens. I was starting to hear voices in my head as I do some of these sleeping position changes that point in time. At the start, the voices were indistinct but after a while longer the voices clear enough to be intelligible. They just speak out of entreaties to me of comfort as I shift into a different position to gain some comfort to rest. But a little later after that, the voices were debating as to having some top position among them. I somehow isolate the voices coming my respective directions on my person. That is my head is North, feet is South and so forth. After a while of deliberating from 4 directions from myself, center, east,west and south, they agreed on doing something else to do. East and West is always in agreement and working together. South was more bolder than Center. As to what they agreed upon on doing, it was pretty much a grim topic, something to do with humanity. I can chalk up the topic came about from reading issue 12 of Global Frequency by Warren Ellis.

The craziness that happened on Saturday has to do more with the old TV in my room not turning on. My dad tried to have it fixed but it seems that the potential cost of repairing its power supply is beyond the stated limit he quoted to the repair guy. So my dad bought a new TV for my room. Added crazy quirk was that the VCR ended up a smoking black box since my dad plugged it into the wrong outlet since my dad was puzzled with the plug layout under the desk here in my room and we forgot that the VCR runs on 110V as compared to the other items plugged in are at 220V. Good thing a capacitor burned out and no further damage happened to it. The VCR fiasco cost my time of watching the 2004 MTV Movie Awards but I'll try to catch it again on the rerun within the following days when I catch it.

I hope my weekend turns out a lot better than this one. Next time.

*Rests a bit easier in climate-controlled shelter of his doghouse.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home