Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Reminiscing Kingdom Hearts

My niece sleeps now to the soundtrack of a favorite Playstation 2 game of mine, Kingdom Hearts. I remember well enough that me and my niece finished that game about a year ago, same time the Playstation 2 unit was bought by me. I was so caught up with it upon seeing the commercials for the game back in Seattle and the hook that reeled me in was the music. It was the song "Simple and Clean", PlANITb Remix version. That song was actually reworked into English from the original Japanese song "Hikari" by Hikaru Utada. Its still quite good to listen it. As to the game, its a rather unique blend of Disney characters and Squaresoft's famous Final Fantasy characters set with a unique storyline and setting and focuses through Sora, the hero of the story. The characters of Disney in the game would possibly merit an automatic "kiddie" game but its not, the themes are pretty much a tad like those used in Final Fantasy VIII, which is for the non-kiddie set, is rather saccharine for their tastes and something that makes some hardcore macho gamers cringe in afterthought. The game's ending scene is heart-warming yet sad in a way that makes a hopeless romantic like me gets his eyes moist on watching it and listening to the dialogue. A sequel to this game is still in the works for its English version since the Japanese version is underway. This kind of review is kinda done to death but I decided to use it as a springboard to start other things later on with this blog. Test rambling done for now.