Saturday, November 10, 2007

Musing over what Ninja Turtles eat...

A rather unexpected culinary revelation for me that I found and realized after having a very good lunch with a slice of something familiar. It is the staple food that Ninja Turtles eat: Pizza.

I came upon this on tasting a slice of pizza from CostCo, a warehouse club, which just happens to within the vicinity of where my latest job interview was conducted. The interview went well and its just a matter of contacting the person back as to my schedule availability while I attend to some paperwork and training with another job that I was accepted a day before. Now onto the pizza. I was surprised and amazed how fresh the pizza is after the order was filled and served. It was piping hot, the cheese has a generous share of mozarella in its mix and the crust at the outer edge was not hard like over toasted crusty bread but crunchy on the outside yet soft in the inside.

This observation eluded me for some time since I have experienced this on more than one occasion before months ago and years ago back in the Philippines. The common thing? The best tasting pizzas are usually made at a warehouse club location with their in-house kitchen and staff.

I would rate those warehouse club pizzas as pretty good, on par or occasionally better with New York Style Pizzas that's the rage in some popular pizza place franchises back in the Philippines.

I would also say that having pizza should be an occasional indulgence and not one to go for as an every meal aspect for a diet given how heavy in calories that they are.
So whenever you go to a warehouse club by yourself or with friends or family, make it a point to note the pizza they sell there. Who knows, it might be worth the effort to have a slice after going through the shopping at the warehouse club premises. Happy eating! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home